Registered Nurse for ACTT
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||At Pathways to Life, we believe that our mission is to foster continual growth in the lives of those we serve, ourselves, our colleagues and our culturally diverse communities. Our efforts enhance recovery, wellness, self-determination and independence by providing appropriate supports, delivered with compassion and respect. We are currently looking to bring on an experienced Registered Nurse to serve as a member on our ACTT team. |
|Duties:||ACTT Registered Nurse|
1. Participates in and conducts parts of the client-centered comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history, mental status, and diagnosis; physical health and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living; and family structure and relationships.
2. Consults with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
3. Provides on-call crisis intervention covering night time hours and serve as a backup to evening and weekend staff
4. Manages the following under the direction of the team psychiatrist:
• the development, revision, maintenance, and supervision of team psychopharmacologic and medical treatment and medication policies and procedures including transcribing, administering, evaluating and recording psychotropic medications prescribed by the team psychiatrist; evaluate and chart psychotropic medication effectiveness, complications, and side effects; and arrange for required lab work according to protocol.
• The organization of the system for getting medication to clients and integrating medication administration tightly into clients; individual treatment plans and pharmaceuticals and medical supplies.
• The coordination of scheduling and administration medical assessments of client physical health, making appropriate referrals to community physicians for further assessment and treatment, and coordinate psychiatric treatment with medical treatment.
5. Coordinates with outside inpatient services to detoxify clients and establish linkage to self-help programs, outpatient services, and residential facilities.
6. Provides practical help and supports, advocacy, coordination, side-by-side individualized support, problem solving, direct assistance, trainings, and supervision to help clients obtain the necessities of daily living including medical and dental health care; legal and advocacy services; financial support such as entitlements or housing subsidies; supported housing; money-management services; and transportation.
7. Manages the medication system in conjunction with the psychiatrist, administers and documents medication treatment;
8. Screens and monitors the beneficiary for medical problems and side effects;
9. Engage in health promotion, prevention and education activities; if the beneficiary is in agreement, develop strategies to maximize taking medications as prescribed (e.g., reviewing home environment to find cues to remind beneficiary to take medications; work with beneficiary and psychiatric care provider to scale back the number of times medications are taking each day);
10. Communicating and coordinating services with other medical providers; and
11. Educating the team in monitoring psychiatric symptoms and medication side-effects.
|Qualifications:||ACTT Registered Nurse:|
1. May have a master’s, bachelor’s or associate degree in nursing.
2. Must be licensed as a registered nurse, and have at least one year experience working with adults with serious mental illness and a working knowledge of psychiatric medications.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.