Qualified Mental Health Professional - C
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||At Pathways to Life, we believe that our mission is to foster continual growth in the lives of those we serve, ourselves, our colleagues and our culturally diverse communities. Our efforts enhance recovery, wellness, self-determination and independence by providing appropriate supports, delivered with compassion and respect.|
|Duties:||The Qualified Mental Health Professional position is responsible for providing crisis treatment, individual and family counseling and interventions; life, parenting, and communication skills; case management activities and coordination with other services; and emergency response to children and adolescents in at risk situations. The Qualified Mental Health Professional be supervised by, and reports to the Clinical Director and the Clinical Supervisor.|
|Qualifications:||1. Be a doctor of medicine or osteopathy licensed in Virginia; or |
2. Have masterís degree in psychology from an accredited college or university with at least one year of clinical experience with children or adolescents; or
3. Have a social work bachelorís or masterís degree from an accredited college or university with at least one year of documented clinical experience with children or adolescents; or
4. Be a registered nurse with at least one year of clinical experience with children and adolescents; or
5. Have at least a bachelorís degree in a human services field or in special education from an accredited college and with at least one year of clinical experience with children and adolescents; or
6. Be a licensed mental health professional.
Clinical experience means providing direct behavioral health services to individuals with mental illness, intellectual disability or receiving gerontology or special education services. The clinician must have documented experience in the specific field that they are working. They must have experience with implementing individual service plans. The clinical experience may include supervised internships, practicumís, and field experience.
A human services field includes social work, gerontology, psychology, psychiatric rehabilitation, special education, sociology, counseling, and human services counseling. (Confer with DMAAS policy)
7. QMHPís will have First Aid and CPR, as well as a tuberculosis screening within the first 30 days of hire
8. Have no substantiated findings on the criminal history or central registry background checks.
9. All facilities or services shall require that all applicants for employment disclose any criminal conviction. The impact of this information on a decision regarding employment shall be based upon the offense in relationship to the job for which the applicant is applying. Any barrier crime convictions, regardless of when it occurred, will cause an applicant to be ineligible for the position as defined by the Code of Virginia 63.2-1719 and 37.2-314.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQURIED:
1. Knowledge of child/adolescent mental health/substance abuse disorders and consistent treatment approaches.
2. Ability to implement, then convey therapeutic interventions, outcomes and consumer progress on progress notes.
3. Obtain and maintain all certification/training requirements as required by the agency.
4. Advanced skills in PC/Word processing/database/spreadsheets/systems, and integrating the advanced skills to produce complex reports and documents.
5. Ability to apply therapeutic techniques. Ability to use good professional judgment. Detail oriented. Ability to work independently, with minimal direct supervision.
6. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines. Ability to meet short and long-term goals and project deadlines.
8. Respect for the confidentiality of all communications required within job duties, including client records and documents, and electronic transmission by voice, data, and wire.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.